Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

So, Thanksgiving managed to be quite eventful this year. We went to my grandparents' house in Bryan with the plan of spending the holiday with them and Marianne and Bradford. Things got a little bit complicated when Grandpa had to go back into the hospital, but hopefully the doctors have figured everything out and he'll be out in a couple of days.

I cooked my first ever turkey and have decided that it's a bit of an overkill to cook a big turkey for six people. It turned out good, but I think I could have saved myself a lot of trouble by buying one of those rotisserie chickens. At least now though I know for a fact that I am capable of making turkey and gravy that's edible.

Benjamin enjoyed his first mashed potatoes with gravy and some butternut squash. I think he ate everything that I had on my plate.

One of the highlights of the day though was when we were at the hospital and Bradford decided to dress up like a turkey. Doesn't he look good?

No comments:

Post a Comment